Buying a Shared Ownership Home

How do I find Shared Ownership Homes?

Tamar currently has 2 shared ownership properties available to purchase. Please click the link of the property address for more information.

Alternatively you can visit www.helptobuysw.org.uk

For Sale tag

Help to Buy SW logo

Southwest Homes

Shelter

Shared ownership offers a low cost way to buy your home.  With Shared Ownership you buy part of your home.  For example, you might buy 70% of your home with a mortgage and then rent the remaining 30% from Tamar.

The cost of the home will be set by an independent valuer and your share will be worked out as a percentage of the total value.  The amount of rent you have to pay will depend on the value of the home and the share you are taking.

Are there any other charges?

Yes, for certain properties there may also be a Service Charge.  You will also have to pay your own Council Tax, water rates, contents insurance, utilities, legal fees etc. You should check this before buying.

How do I find Shared Ownership Homes?

You can find Shared Ownership homes managed by Tamar, as well as other social landlords at www.helptobuysw.org