Welfare Benefits Advice
Sue Fitzsimmons and Sally Lewis are the Money Management Advisors for Tamar Housing. Their role is to support residents to ensure that they are in receipt of the correct benefits and Housing Benefit as well as offering assistance with budgeting and setting up payment plans to pay their household bills and debts.
Sue and Sally have successfully supported almost 200 Tamar Housing residents with the following:
- Claiming the correct state benefits and sickness benefit.
- Applying for Housing Benefit including back dated payments.
- Help with appeals for benefits and sickness benefits.
- Financial support with the bedroom tax.
- Advice about Universal Credits.
- Help with budgeting.
- Setting up payment plans to pay utility bills.
- Liaising with creditors and bailiffs to set up realistic payment plans to pay off debts.
- Getting financial assistance for white goods.
- Helping to open a bank account.
- Helping with complicated letters, forms and telephone calls in connection with health, benefits and finance.
If you would like confidential support or advice from either Sue or Sally then please do not hesitate to call them on 01752 250902.
You can also obtain support and advice from external agencies listed to the right of this page.