Once Tamar has received your notice we will arrange an inspection of your property. We will be able to advise you of any repairs you need to do to bring your property up to the proper standard and we will discuss how you will pay your last weeks rent and any arrears that maybe be outstanding.
£100 move out incentive
Here at Tamar we want to encourage responsible residents. If you return your property in a good clean condition, you may be entitled to a £100 incentive.
What do you need to do?
- Have a clear rent account, with no outstanding recharges
- Hand the keys back to Tamar on or before the end of your tenancy
- Hand back the property in a clean condition
- Leave the property with no rubbish, furniture or personal effects left behind
- Carry out all of the repairs requested
- Leave the property in a good decorative order
To apply for a £100 move out incentive just click on the Quick Link on the right of this page.
(Please note the £100 move out incentive is not payable if you move due to a mutual exchange)
What else should I do?
Make sure that you give Tamar your forwarding address and clear up any rent arrears or recharges outstanding. If you need to check this, please call the office.
You will also need to let everyone else know you are moving such as
- Your gas supplier
- Your electricity supplier
- South West Water
- Housing Benefit
- The Council
- Insurance companies
- Your driving licence
- Car registration
- Your employer
What to do before you hand your keys in
You will need to leave your property in good condition when you leave. This includes;
- Removing all of your furniture and personal possessions
- Remove any rubbish
- Clean the kitchen, bathroom, carpets, walls, skirting boards etc
- Carry out any repairs or decoration you have been asked to do
- Filling any holes left by pictures and make good
- Take meter readings for gas, electric and water
Finally, you need to hand in all of the keys to Tamar
You should do this before 10 am on the Monday after your tenancy ends. If you do not hand in your keys on time, you may be charged rent for a further week.
Unfortunately, if you do not leave the property in good condition when you leave you may be recharged the cost of any repairs or decoration. You will always be charged for removing any rubbish or furniture and for any cleaning we have to do.